[Vmail-discuss] Multiple Aliases

Paul Warren pdw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mon, 27 May 2002 10:28:58 +0100

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:15:14AM +0200, Peter Salvage wrote:
> > Hello is it actually possible to have multiple aliases for 1 domain like
> > info@domain.com gets deliverd to user1@foobar.com user2@foobar.com
> > user3@foobar.com ?
>
> yep - VE-forwarder add domain.com info
> user1@foobar.com,user2@foobar.com,user3@foobar.com

Does that work?  Neat.  The intended way to do that this is to do:

	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user1@foobar.com
	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user2@foobar.com
	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user3@foobar.com

That should play nicely with the CGI scripts too, although I think the
latest version released has a broken database schema which makes
local_part + domain a primary key.  You'll need to remove this first.
(d'oh)

> Simply use commas to separate the addresses.
>
> > And is it possible like when i have 2 domains foobar.com and foo-bar.com
> > that both have the same
> > settings with only 1 admin interface? 1 Admin interface for 2 domains?
>
> er...I'll leave this one to more learned folk, but I don't think so...

It is, with the latest version:

	VE-domain alias existingdomain.com anotheraliasfordomain.com

The admin interface for existingdomain.com will then control email for
both domains.

Paul