[Vmail-discuss] Multiple Aliases

Chris Lightfoot chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mon, 27 May 2002 11:16:53 +0100

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:28:58AM +0100, Paul Warren wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:15:14AM +0200, Peter Salvage wrote:
> > > Hello is it actually possible to have multiple aliases for 1 domain like
> > > info@domain.com gets deliverd to user1@foobar.com user2@foobar.com
> > > user3@foobar.com ?
> >
> > yep - VE-forwarder add domain.com info
> > user1@foobar.com,user2@foobar.com,user3@foobar.com
>
> Does that work?  Neat.  The intended way to do that this is to do:

I think that it only works because of the way that Exim
parses address lists-- it results in a single db row with
lots of addresses and commas in it. In other words, I
don't recommend using it this way.

> 	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user1@foobar.com
> 	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user2@foobar.com
> 	VE-forwarder add domain.com info user3@foobar.com

Perhaps we should extend the add syntax to take a list of
addresses? That would be neater.

--
``All I ever learned from National Service was skiving and petty theft.''
  (John Peel)