[Vmail-discuss] IMAP and vmail-sql

Paul Warren pdw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:09:00 +0000

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:16:40PM -0400, James Atkinson wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew an IMAP server that could be used with
> vmail-sql? Our server administrator has setup vmail-sql to handle all our
> mail needs for our hosting server, but a situation has come up where we need
> an IMAP server ASAP and our admin is out of town.

Out of interest, why do you need an IMAP server rather than a POP3
server?  Any IMAP server that did support it would be fairly restricted
- only one mail folder - so there wouldn't be much of a gain over using
POP3.

We've talked over the possibilities of doing virtual IMAP accounts a few
times, but have never come to any stunningly good solutions.

Paul