[Vmail-discuss] IMAP and vmail-sql

Jose Luis Martin chelu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:09:50 +0100

Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:16:40PM -0400, James Atkinson wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone knew an IMAP server that could be used with
> > vmail-sql? Our server administrator has setup vmail-sql to handle all our
> > mail needs for our hosting server, but a situation has come up where we need
> > an IMAP server ASAP and our admin is out of town.
> >
> > So any help would be great, thanks
>
> I'm not aware of any. I have a long-term TODO list item to
> write an IMAP server (in my opinion all of the existing
> ones suck...).
>
> I believe that the Courier IMAP server is popular and has
> some MySQL interoperability features.

from  /etc/courier/courier-authmysqlrc:

# This example is a little bit modified adaptation of vmail-sql
# database scheme:
#
# MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE   SELECT popbox.local_part,                       \
#                       CONCAT('{MD5}', popbox.password_hash),          \
#                       domain.uid,                                     \
#                       domain.gid,                                     \
#                       popbox.clearpw,                                 \
#                       CONCAT(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name),     \
#                       '',                                             \
#                       domain.quota,                                   \
#                       FROM popbox, domain                             \
#                       WHERE popbox.local_part = '$(local_part)'       \
#                       AND popbox.domain_name = '$(domain)'            \
#                       AND popbox.domain_name = domain.domain_name

de select clause may return localpart, {md5}passord_hash, uid, gid, clearpw,
pathtopopbox, quota ....  Im not tested in any way, but seem that
courirer-authmysql is
ok to work with vmail-sql.

-- Jose Luis Martin