[Vmail-discuss] VMAIL and Maildir deliveries

Chris Lightfoot chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:43:53 +0100

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:43:06PM -0700, tdn@tdn.co.ke wrote:
> > sane decision.
> >
> > Maybe you should look into Exim's spec.txt.
>
> my worry was whether the vmail code and database format is in any way tied
> to exim delivering to mbox format

Not much. It does create directories for the domains,
which is fine. However, it does create zero-length files
for the mailboxes (VE-popbox and the equivalent CGI
script). This would have to be changed, probably most
easily by removing this functionality and having Exim
create the maildirs upon first delivery.

--
``There's so much comedy on television.
  Does that cause comedy in the streets?'' (Dick Cavett)