[Vmail-discuss] vmail-sql mailing list

Chris Lightfoot chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:40:41 +0100

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 06:12:13PM +0100, Mark Longair wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> [...]
> > Mark-- am I correct in thinking that mysql is not in the
> > Debian package archive? apt-get install mysql doesn't find
> > anything, and I have non-free in `sources.list'.
>
> I installed these packages:
>
>  mysql-client
>  mysql-doc
    [...]

D'oh. OK. I'm not used to this package-management thing :)

[off topic]
How does the stable/unstable thing work? If I want to
install, say, a version of OpenSSH that doesn't suck, I
presumably need one from unstable; but I expect that if I
do that apt will want to fetch innumerable new shared
libraries etc.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 Most photographers have learned the hard way that satisfactory