[Vmail-discuss] vmail-sql mailing list

Mark Longair mhl@xxxxxxxxx
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:12:13 +0100 (BST)

On Thursday 12 April, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
[...]
> Mark-- am I correct in thinking that mysql is not in the
> Debian package archive? apt-get install mysql doesn't find
> anything, and I have non-free in `sources.list'.

I installed these packages:

 mysql-client
 mysql-doc
 mysql-server
 libmysqlclient6-dev
 libmysqlclient6
 libdbd-mysql-perl

BTW, if you're looking for a package name of something you're pretty
sure is in the distribution, you can search /var/lib/dpkg/available.

There's also a grep-dctrl package which provides a nice interface to
that, so you can do:

  grep-available -i mysql

If you want to know what package a particular file is in, you can search
the Contents file for that release:

  ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/Contents-i386.gz