[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, sendmail and owner of mailbox

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:23:18 -0700 (MST)

My two cents. Mailboxes in the home directory of the user. Best of both
worlds (sort of). You don't need to have any one directory with weird
permissions, be it 1777 or g+w. Which, of course, is the same argument for
maildirs. dot-locking still sucks though. I don't see why its
needed. Trying to use mbox files over a NFS link is just asking for
trouble anyhow.

Regardless, if you have a poorly configured machine then users can fill up
any number of partitions any number of ways.

Just felt like entering the discussion.

Ben