[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d, sendmail and owner of mailbox

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:04:17 +0000

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:23:18PM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> My two cents. Mailboxes in the home directory of the user. Best of both
> worlds (sort of). You don't need to have any one directory with weird
> permissions, be it 1777 or g+w. Which, of course, is the same argument for

Absolutely. Thats exactly what I do at the moment - ~/Mail/ is a Maildir
for that particular user.

> Regardless, if you have a poorly configured machine then users can fill up
> any number of partitions any number of ways.

Yes, but anyone being this anal about permissions on their mail spool
directory probably has at least a moderately secure machine anyway - I
think I do, precisely because I'm this picky about everything that happens
on my machine :)

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator