[tpop3d-discuss] Re: tpop3d, sendmail and owner of mailbox

Zdenek Pizl z.p at linux-cd.cz
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:31:05 +0100

Dne st 14. listopad 2001 17:40 Chris Lightfoot napsal(a):
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 04:39:25PM +0100, Zdenek Pizl wrote:
> Ah, OK, I hadn't understood this from your first post.

it was very difficult to guess it from my previous mails
 ( they were writen in deep night ...)

FINALLY - the solution is realy elementary. Each user from one domain MUST
have the same uid ans gid identification ;o)
(e.g domain.org -> mailownerdomain.org plus many
of users with the same identification ...)

So the first part of the problem is solved ! The next will follow (nothing is perfect).

> How are you storing the passwords for the various
> domains? If you haven't yet decided, then you can put the
> domains, usernames, passwords and locations of mail
> spools into a MySQL database and access them via an
> auth-mysql query -- see README.auth_mysql and
> tpop3d.conf(5).

yes, i want to store password in mysql database.
According to README.mysql_auth i've created
the domain and popbox tables (exactly to README),
fill one record into each of them and trying to connect.

+-------------+-------------+---------------+-----------------+------------+
| domain_name | unix_user   | password_hash | path            | max_popbox |
| linux-cd.cz | linux-cd.cz |               | /var/spool/mail |       1000 |

 and everything went smoothly. Of course there is little security risk to
allow all users to write to spooldir :( This is potentional problem. But
there will be no real user onto the system ...

Maybe i prepare local_procmail and move all domain mails to the special
directory ...
						z.P.