[Vmail-discuss] Multiple Domain Aliases Resolved

Donovan Craig donovan at snapfrozen.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:12:07 +1100

--lQSB8Tqijvu1+4Ba

Hi Vmailers,

Just a quick email to let you know that the multiple
aliases issue is now resolved. You can now have as many aliases=20
as you like per domain by adding ' limit 1' to the end of each=20
query in the routers and transports sections of the exim config.

Very simple I know, but this isn't in the default package so when more
than one row is returned, Exim currently freaks out.

I remember a few discussions about this but there was never any
definative solution to the problem.

Can anyone think of why it wouldn't work (in any situation)? I've tested
it as much as I could and have been tailing mainlog for too long now
not to notice anything..=20

BTW:

A complete PHP solution for management of domains is underway.
exim4, exiscan and dovecot configs will be in package with an=20
updated SQL schema.

Hopefully within the next few weeks...

Regards,

Donovan

Donovan Craig

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you don't
   want Linux'".
      	--- Bruce Perens, Debian's Fearless Leader

--lQSB8Tqijvu1+4Ba

--lQSB8Tqijvu1+4Ba--