[Vmail-discuss] problems with vmc

Donovan Craig donovan at snapfrozen.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:57:10 +1000

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 08:07:58PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> The address <derek@etherealdesign.com> ... This address no longer accepts mail.

I don't think Derek is around anymore. He was the original author of
VMC.

> Hello everyone,

Hello

> I am running vmc-0.2.1 and I must say it's really served me well.
> However, I have some problem that I believe emanates from my stupidity!
> At some point, there were messages being displayed, for example after
> you changed a password, it would say something to the effect that the
> password was changed, when a popbox was deleted, it would display a mesg
> to that effect. What setting do I require to get the msgs displaying?
> I am imagining it's something in php.ini

This is probably my (or Derek's) fault, it may require 'register_globals = off' for
this feature to work.

> Secondly, I attempted to run vmc-0.2.5 but it doesn't seem to work for
> me at all. When I try to login to manage a domain, it does not login!

Again, this could also be a problem with register globals.

It's been a while since I've done any work on it, but have a look at the
latest version which is:

www.snapfrozen.com/vmc-latest.tar.bz2

> How do I diagnose this one?

Try switching register_globals to 'off' in php.ini, if this solves the
problem let me know and I'll fix it for you.

BTW: There are actually two versions of the application. The one
available for download doesn't have IMAP support and the one I use does.
I need to get around to making this a switch so that the support can be
switched on and off. In the meantime, are you using IMAP?

Regards,

Donovan

Donovan Craig
Go4 Multimedia

Phone  : +61 3 59 615 779
Fax    : +61 3 9530 6435
Mobile : 0414 666 518
Web    : http://www.go4.com.au/

(X) 12/1585 Warburton Hwy, Woori Yallock VIC 3139
( ) 14B Warleigh Grv, Brighton VIC 3186