[Vmail-discuss] Courier IMAP anyone?

William X Walsh william@wxw.org
20 Jan 2003 13:44:32 -0800

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 13:35, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 01:18:43PM -0800, William X Walsh wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone either made changes to their vmail-sql configs to conform to
> > Courier's expectations, or modified Courier IMAP to conform to the
> > vmail-sql setup?
> >
> > Does anyone have any pointers for starting a project of this type?
> > Anyone else interested in working on this?
> >

> My intention is to write an IMAP server -- provisionally,
> timapd -- which will implement the various authentication
> schemes of tpop3d and remedy some deficiencies I perceive
> in current IMAP implementations.
>
> This project is at the `thinking very hard about it'
> stage, and has not quite reached the `writing some code'
> stage yet.

As a fan of your tpop3d, I'd most likely switch to that when it was
ready to use....but I need a solution in the interim, and I'm sure I'm
not alone  :)

I certainly hope you find the time to work on this, I know what an
undertaking such a project will be!!

--
William Walsh <william@wxw.org>
Jabber: william@wxw.org