[Vmail-discuss] maildir conversion / courier

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:24:24 +0100

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 09:21:39AM +1000, Donovan Craig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally got courier working !
>
> I now have to convert all the mailbox files to maildir. I have looked
> at using the mb2md tool but it doesn't seem to like the format of the
> default mailbox files we use.

I used a script called perfectmaildir:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/perfectmaildir/?topic_id=28

wrapped in a shell script to perform the conversion for all mailboxes,
and to handle actually creating the new mailboxes using maildirmake:

	echo Migrating INBOX

	maildirmake ~/Maildir
	perfectmaildir ~/Maildir < migratemail/INBOX

	pushd migratemail/mail/
	for i in * ; do echo Migrating $i ; maildirmake -f $i ~/Maildir ;
	perfectmaildir ~/Maildir/.$i < $i ; done
	popd

Paul