[Vmail-discuss] Courier

Donovan Craig donovan at snapfrozen.com
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:28:24 +1000

Hi Jakob,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:30:39 +0200
"Jakob Hirsch" <jh@plonk.de> was rumoured to have said:

> > Firstly. What happens when using BSD mailboxes ? Do I need to be
> > using MailDir ?
>
> yes, courier supports only maildir, I think.

Do you know what's involved in changing this on a live system ? I suspect that I'll have to re-compile exim and tpop3d etc.. I'll probably lose the user data too.. ?

> courier's logging is very bad in general, especially for debugging. Recently
> I read about a additional programm to help debugging, but can't remember
> right now.

I noticed..

> >> local_part | TRIM('{md5}' FROM popbox.password_hash) | gid  | uid  |
> >> clearpw | CONCAT(domain.path,'/', popbox.mbox_name)      |
> >> CONCAT(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name)     | imap_quota |  |
>
> Where did you get this from? Courier expects this fields:
> username, cryptpw, clearpw, uid, gid, home, maildir, quota, fullname

I got this from MySQL by pasting in the logged query. I stoped the daemon, then re-started it with -log=mylog.txt, then when to re-authenticate with courier and got the query it was trying to execute. I then pasted that query into mysql and saw what it brought back.

> concluding from the example in authmysqlrc, crpytpw needs {MD5} in front,
> the field clearpw is in the wrong position etc.

I thought this too but noticed that example earlier on in this list that had clearpw after uid and gid. I will try the {md5} though..

Can anyone confirm the order of the fields ?

Thank's Again.

Regards,

Donovan