[Vmail-discuss] spool to maildir

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:48:26 +0100

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:49:50PM +0200, Manuel Giorgini wrote:
> [2003-04-30 12:38:49] Chris Lightfoot,
>
> >> Anybody knows of a program able to rewrite existing spoolboxes into mail
> >> directories?
>
> CL> csplit?
>
> OK, it needs some scripting of course, but it should do. Thanks a lot, I
> wasn't even aware of its existance...

Nor was I! A while ago I wrote my own version before realising it
existed....

    http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/stuff/sp.c

> CL> Um. I think that exim's appendfile transport will DTRT
>
> pardon me, DTRT?

`do the right thing'

> CL> depending on whether it finds a file to append to or a directory with
> CL> cur/ new/ etc. inside it.
>
> Cool.
>
> I might have to say that i've never even _seen_ a working maildir
> configuration so far...

heh.

--
``I grew up with cartoons the way cartoons were meant to be: mice jabbing hat
  pins into the anuses of venal felines, tie-wearing bears confounding federal