[Vmail-discuss] spool to maildir

Manuel Giorgini Manuel Giorgini <giorgini at interlogica.net>
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:49:50 +0200

[2003-04-30 12:38:49] Chris Lightfoot,

>> Anybody knows of a program able to rewrite existing spoolboxes into mail
>> directories?

CL> csplit?

OK, it needs some scripting of course, but it should do. Thanks a lot, I
wasn't even aware of its existance...

CL> To do this safely you'll need to shut down the MTA and shut all MUAs
CL> out too, obviously.

obviously.

CL> Otherwise you need to play games with locks, which might be a bit
CL> complicated during the translation.

No way.

Unless there's a way to lock out a domain both in exim and tpop3d...

CL> Um. I think that exim's appendfile transport will DTRT

pardon me, DTRT?

CL> depending on whether it finds a file to append to or a directory with
CL> cur/ new/ etc. inside it.

Cool.

I might have to say that i've never even _seen_ a working maildir
configuration so far...

Cordialità / Best regards / Gxis la
Manuel Giorgini <giorgini@interlogica.net>, Programmatore
INTERLOGICA e-business solutions -  http://www.interlogica.net
Via De Amicis, 2 - IT 30172 Mestre VE - Italia - Unione Europea
Tel +39 041 961392 - Fax +39 041 954201