R: R: [Vmail-discuss] Strange Routing? on subdomain.domain.com

Simone Nanetti, AGS s.n.c. simone@agiesse.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:07:42 +0200

i have some questions:

i don't understand what you mean for "virtual email hosting onany machine"

when an email is sent to user@... from outside world.. what is the returned
error message?

what linux distribution?

probably, you have some configuration mistmatch of your VmailSQL
installation or exim configuration on the smtp server.

simone

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Gerald Freymann [mailto:gerry@interpool.ca]
Inviato: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 2:23 PM
A: Simone Nanetti, AGS s.n.c.
Cc: vmail-discuss@lists.beasts.org
Oggetto: Re: R: [Vmail-discuss] Strange Routing? on subdomain.domain.com

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:28:41 +0200
"Simone Nanetti, AGS s.n.c." <simone@agiesse.net> wrote:

> I think this is NOT a bug.
> Your second level domain is "interpool.ca"
> with his MX record in DNS.
> theirsub.interpool.ca have the same MX record (i.e. the same mail
> server) so, all mail for user@anyhost.interpool.ca is intended
> user@interpool.ca.

 That's interesting but if what you say is true, virtual email hosting on
any machine simply wouldn't work.

 if the MX record says interpool.ca should handle the incoming mail for
wardlock.interpool.ca, and wardlock.interpool.ca is in the list of
local-host-names, that should be fine.

 Again... I must state that mail sent from the local internal LAN gets
delivered properly. But mail from the outside world doesn't.

 I upgraded to vmail 0.7. Cut and pasted all the SQL code just in case
there was a slight bug. Hasn't changed anything. I'm at a loss to explain!