[Vmail-discuss] pop before smtp question

Ian Wormsbecker i.wormsbecker@xxxxxxxx
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:02:05 -0500

I am looking at getting pop before smtp going with my exim/tpop3d/vmail
setup. I have looked at the exim faq, and they have some stuff in there
about pop before smtp. The only problem I have with it is that they have
4 different scripts that run, and they make files in all kinds of places
and stuff. I am not comfortable with all of that. I have previously used
a pop-before-smtp perl script from
http://people.oven.com/bet/pop-before-smtp/ with postfix which has
worked flawlessly.

Does anyone know if there is a similar script floating around to run
with exim and tpop3d? If I had any perl skills at all, I would try to
hack the script to work with exim and tpop3d.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated.

Ian