[Vmail-discuss] E-mail not going to correct directories

Brian Fuller (Byte Head Internet) Brian Fuller \(Byte Head Internet\)" <bfuller@bytehead.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:30:37 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C242D5.FDF5B200

I am using Vmail-SQL with EXIM on a Red Hat 7.2 server.  When mail comes =
in for some domains (not all) it gets placed in the =
/var/spool/mail/SERVERS/domainname{return =
character}domainname/var/spool/mail/SERVERS/domainname. Or in some cases =
it gets put in the correct directory, but in the local_part{return =
character}local_part. When I do an ls on the SERVERS directory I will =
have a listing for foo.com and one for foo.com?foo.com. Or in the =
foo.com directory I will have a user and a user?user in the list.  As a =
temporary fix I have set up links from the directory it is suppose to =
write in to the directory it is actually writing in. It seems like in =
some cases it is reading the directory information or the local_part =
twice and placing a return character between the two instances.  I think =
it's mainly happening to domains that have aliased domains pointing to =
them. I haven't found a pattern to the user problem.=20

Brian Fuller
Internet Systems Manager
Byte Head Computer Solutions

------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C242D5.FDF5B200

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am using Vmail-SQL with EXIM on a Red Hat 7.2 =
server.&nbsp;=20
When mail comes in for some domains (not all) it gets placed in the=20
/var/spool/mail/SERVERS/<EM>domainname</EM>{return=20
character}<EM>domainname/</EM>var/spool/mail/SERVERS/<EM>domainname.</EM>=
 Or in=20
some cases it gets put in the correct directory, but in the=20
<EM>local_part</EM>{return character}<EM>local_part.&nbsp;</EM>When I do =
an ls=20
on the SERVERS directory I will have a listing for foo.com and one for=20
foo.com?foo.com. Or in the foo.com directory I will have a user and a =
user?user=20
in the list. <EM>&nbsp;</EM>As a temporary fix I have set up links from =
the=20
directory it is suppose to write in to the directory it is actually =
writing in.=20
It seems like in some cases it is reading the directory information or =
the=20
local_part twice and placing a return character between the two =
instances.&nbsp;=20
I think it's mainly happening to domains that have aliased domains =
pointing to=20
them. I haven't found a pattern to the user problem.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><BR>Brian Fuller<BR>Internet Systems Manager<BR>Byte =
Head=20
Computer Solutions</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C242D5.FDF5B200--