[Vmail-discuss] domain aliasing with local delivery

Jakob Hirsch jh@xxxxxxxx
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:57:39 +0200

Hi,

I just updated to vmail 0.5 (basically, updating sql-tables and exim.conf) and tried domain
aliasing. If the recipient in the new domain is just forwarded, it works fine, but if mails should
be local delivered, they are lost. I tracked it down to this query:
select path from domain left join domain_alias on domain_alias.domain_name = domain.domain_name
where domain.domain_name = '$domain' or domain_alias.alias = '$domain'
The problem is, that it gives the pathes of both domains, the aliased and the real domain:
--- cut ---
lookup yielded: /var/spool/mail/dom1.de
/var/spool/mail/dom2.de
search_open: mysql "NULL"

Exim itself says the message is delivered, but actually it is delivered to nirvana...

I'll try to fix this (I'm familiar with SQL, but don't know anything about "left join", so it may
take a little time), but if somebody has a quick hack or something, I'd be really glad.

--
regards, Jakob
ICQ# 78958588