[Vmail-discuss] IMAP and webmail solutions

Paul Warren pdw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:26:15 +0100

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:57:23PM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:38:13PM +0100, Paul Warren wrote:
> > An interesting question.  Chris and I are currently developing ReMail, a
> > webmail program based on IMAP (using a proxy to maintain connections
>
> Are you doing this from scratch or using existing code? Acmemail/sparkle
> (Perl) and the IMP/Horde (PHP) spring immediately to mind.

We are currently using IMP/Horde and this is what inspired us to write
our own :-)  It looks pretty, but internally it's not too pleasant and
there seems to have been at least one security hole per week advertised
on BugTraq over the last month or so.

I'll take a look at the Perl one.  When we started writing ReMail (some
time ago now...) I did conduct a search for other webmail programs, and
didn't come up with any suitable alternatives.

> http://www.astray.com/acmemail/devel/ -- the project was handed off a
> few months ago -- http://acmemail.sourceforge.net/

I'll take a look.

cheers,