[Vmail-discuss] Success

Chris Lightfoot chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:26:47 +0100

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 03:22:16PM -0500, Jeff wrote:
> Well I seem to have made some progress
>
> I have a vmail login screen at /cgi-bin/vmail/login
>
> I had to install libdigest-md5-perl and i put the css in /var/www along with
> the logo
>
> so how do i create the domains,  users, etc
>
> I assume with the VE- scripts, I don't understand what to do with them. Or

They are fairly self-explanatory :)

For instance,

$ VE-domain
VE-domain: add or remove virtual email domains

        VE-domain add <domain name> [unix user]
        VE-domain remove <domain name>
        VE-domain list
        VE-domain popboxes <domain name> (max popboxes|unlimited)

$ VE-domain add example.com
    [...]

> do i just us phpMyAdmin or something to insert valuse into the databas, that
> seems tedious.

You can certainly do that, or write your own scripts to do
it. We find that VE-* work well for `admin' functions, and
we let users do whatever they like with the web interface.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 Space Food Hideous -- But It Costs A Lot