Oops Re: [tpop3d-discuss] Looking for resources

Chris Travers chris at travelamericas.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:38:44 +0700

Oops--  I just found the auth_pgsql stuff.  It is in the man page but not in
the README.

Still looking at how to build a mailbox driver for messages in the database.
THis could be interesting.

Finally 1 more question:

If I am authenticating using PostgreSQL and retrieving my messages from the
database, I shouldn't need any special privaleges.  Is there any
documentation regarding running this via chroot and or under a more
restricted UID?  I am thinking that the process changes its UID and/or GID
after forking, so this may not be possible.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers