[tpop3d-discuss] Long login delay

Ian Armstrong  ika at expressmail.dk
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:47:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I think I understand now why tpop3d takes so much longer than Courier to
log in.
I am using the "auth-mysql-onlogin-query:" field to update my database
with the login time, the "now()" command. tpop3d is the only pop3 server,
to my knowledge, that has this feature, and this is the reason I changed
to tpop3d. But the problem seems to be (correct me if I am guessing here),
that tpop3d updates this field every time it reads an email. Therefore, if
there are 500 messages in the queue, the database is updated 500 times.
The result is: a long login delay.

Ian Armstrong
ika@expressmail.dk

Ian Armstrong