[tpop3d-discuss]Tpop3d w/ssl crashes after Portscan

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:35:22 +0000

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 02:30:08PM +0100, Martin Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo Chris Lightfoot,
> dear Chris Lightfoot,
>
> * chris@ex-parrot.com wrote/schrieb:
>
> > Hmm. I can't reproduce this here, but it's on a different
> > architecture and this may be a race condition anyway, so
> > reproducing it may not be trivial. Did tpop3d leave a core
> > file? Do you have gdb or dbx on the machine? A stack trace
> > from the crash would be most helpful.
>
> Oh well, there is indeed a core dump from tpop3d on the system. It's about
> 650kB, gzipped. Would it be okay if I mail it to you personally?

It wouldn't be any use to me, unfortunately -- core files
aren't usually transportable to other systems.

> Unfortunately, I don't have gdb or dbx, and if I had them, I'm afraid I
> wouldn't know what to do with them. :-/

hmm. In this case it's really easy:

  - in gdb, do

    gdb /path/to/tpop3d /path/to/core

    then at the (gdb) prompt type `bt' and send me what it
    prints;

  - in dbx, do

    dbx /path/to/tpop3d /path/to/core

    then at the (dbx) prompt type `where' and send me what
    it prints.

> P.S.: Looks like I'm going to have to replace my main Solaris production
> box with Linux sometime in the future. Too many compatibility issues behind
> every corner on Solaris...

Bad luck. I no longer have a handly SUN machine to test
stuff on....

--
``There will be no more misery... when the world is our rotisserie.''
  (Tom Lehrer)