[tpop3d-discuss]Confirmed bug with tpop3d-1.5.3

Darren Casey exim at darrencasey.co.uk
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:50:48 +0100

> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:26:51AM +0100, Darren Casey wrote:
> > This bug as been confirmed by testing the same spool file with another
POP3
> > deamon.
> >
> > Its cutting spool files in half, the first half of the message with
headers
> > is coming in but getting cut short, the next message then comes in with
no
> > headers and the remainder of the message. Using another POP3 daemon it
works
> > correctly and downloads correctly.
>
> It looks as if your MDA is failing properly to munge lines
> beginning `From ' in messages. Can you examine the message
> on disk and tell me whether the line with the words `From
> basics to best practices' is munged with a leading > on
> disk?
>
> (I can't tell from the mail you've sent, because my MDA
> does this correctly and has munged the `From ' at the top
> of the message and in the middle.)

I have tested with telnet/mail2web and outlook

No its exactly like (witout the quotes)

"WWDC 2004 Session Descriptions Available"
""
"From basics to best practices, the in-depth technical sessions at"
"WWDC provide the latest details about Mac OS X and Apple technologies."
"More than 100 sessions for WWDC 2004 are now featured online, with"
"more to be added over the next few weeks."
"http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/"

I have had a lot of reports of blank messages recently but this  is the
first where the user left the mail on server and we could test properly

Using telnet and another POP3 server it works correctly, up until this point
tpop has worked flawlessly for 1000's of users

Thanks
Darren