[tpop3d-discuss]Confirmed bug with tpop3d-1.5.3

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:44:22 +0100

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 10:26:51AM +0100, Darren Casey wrote:
> This bug as been confirmed by testing the same spool file with another POP3
> deamon.
>
> Its cutting spool files in half, the first half of the message with headers
> is coming in but getting cut short, the next message then comes in with no
> headers and the remainder of the message. Using another POP3 daemon it works
> correctly and downloads correctly.

It looks as if your MDA is failing properly to munge lines
beginning `From ' in messages. Can you examine the message
on disk and tell me whether the line with the words `From
basics to best practices' is munged with a leading > on
disk?

(I can't tell from the mail you've sent, because my MDA
does this correctly and has munged the `From ' at the top
of the message and in the middle.)

--
``I wouldn't call Civil Service delays `tactics', Minister,'' he replied
  smoothly. ``That would be to mistake lethargy for strategy.''