[tpop3d-discuss] Opera and tpop3d

Dave Baker dave at dsb3.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:13:57 -0500

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 09:07:58PM +0000, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> hmm. The embarrassing truth is that neither Paul
> Makepeace, who wrote the code, nor I, who integrated it
> into the main distribution, know why the check is there.
> Paul said that it came from qmail-pop3d, and wasn't
> commented there, and I seemed to think it was sensible at
> the time. I can't now see why it would be useful.
>
> I've now changed maildir.c to log a warning and use the
> message, even if it has a future mtime.

Perhaps a remnant of a "future dated email" feature?  As in, drop a
message in the spool with a future date and be assured it won't be
delivered before that time?

Dave

--

-    Dave Baker      :      dave@dsb3.com      :      http://dsb3.com/    -
GnuPG:  1024D/D7BCA55D / 09CD D148 57DE 711E 6708  B772 0DD4 51D5 D7BC A55D