[tpop3d-discuss] Tpop 1.4.2 memory leak?: fork_child: fork: Not enough space

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:21:37 +0000

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:08:34PM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> |>Are the changes in the CVS (1.5x) stable and significant
> |>enough to put in place of our 1.4.2?
> |
> | Not yet stable, I'm afraid, though I believe others are
> | running it without trouble.
>
> I have been using CVS for some time, and while it seems to work
> perfectly with most MUAs, I still see periodic issues with Eudora. I did
> mention that I was going to attach a GDB to the process while checking
> mail with Eudora to help debug this, but I haven't had the chance with
> the holidays and my work schedule.
>
> I apologize for that. My schedule has been freeing up a little bit, so
> I'll go ahead and take some time over the weekend to run test this.
> Hopefully, I'll have some useful results on Monday.

One thing to note -- I had misremembered that the patch
didn't go to the list -- a user pointed out that since I
rewrote the IO stuff, timeout handling was fubar'd. The
current CVS version incorporates that patch. This may help
you.

--
``It is apparently not OK to remove A-bombs from Los Alamos property.''
  (Philip Greenspun, from `Travels with Samantha')