[tpop3d-discuss] newbie in using tpop3

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:55:02 +0000

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:32:50PM +0100, Giuseppe Di Pierri wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm a newbie user of tpop3 (and of many other things :-( ), thus help is
> appreciated.
>
> My need is to have a complete mail server (pop and smtp) whos administration
> is a web application that accesses a mysql database (create new domain or
> user and thing like that).
>
> Can I use tpop3 and sendmail together in order to achieve this goal?
> or do I have to install things like exim or something else?

It's certainly possible to have sendmail decide how to do
deliveries based on a MySQL database. I don't know how to
do it, though, and the support is built in to exim and is
very easy to use. My guess is that you'd be better to use
exim, if you haven't much experience of sendmail.

--
``Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.''
  (allegedly found in a high school essay)