[tpop3d-discuss] newbie in using tpop3

Giuseppe Di Pierri dipierri at arpage.ch
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:47:25 +0100

ok, thanks Ghris.

now I have installed on freebsd4.7-release the exim-4.10-1 (with-mysql
active and default configuration) and tpop3 (most recent).

I locally created the mysql database 'mail' and the its tables:
--- start of tpop3.conf file ---
create table domain (
        domain_name varchar(255) primary key, # domain name
        unix_user varchar(255),               # which Unix user owns files
etc.
        password_hash varchar(255),           # admin password for this
domain
        path varchar(255),                    # base path for this domain
        max_popbox int                        # maximum number of popboxes
in
) ;                                           # this domain

# local POP boxes (virtual)
create table popbox (
        domain_name varchar(255) not null,    # domain this refers to
        local_part varchar(255) not null,     # username for this POP box
        password_hash varchar(255),           # hash of this user's password
        mbox_name varchar(255),               # appended to domain.path
        primary key (domain_name(8), local_part(8))
) ;

insert into domain values ('bordeaux',
'<myuser>','<mypassword>','/var/mail/bordeaux',1000);
insert into popbox values ('bordeaux', 'pino','upino','pino');
insert into popbox values ('bordeaux', 'pino1','upino','pino1');
insert into popbox values ('bordeaux', 'pino2','upino','pino2');