[tpop3d-discuss] Authentication Failed

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:46:23 +0100

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 12:20:11PM -0500, Lane Vance wrote:
> as odd is the "bsd" that is returned from the MySQL query.  Is this a
> reference to tpop3d trying to use the bsd style spool?  I am using the
> Maildir format as I would like to get Courier IMAP working as well.

Yes.

> Downloaded latest from CVS and built it with the following command.  Had
> to get the CVS because of the same problem reported on the list about
> having installed MySQL from RPMs and the libs and include files in
> different directories:

I think the version in CVS was broken when you downloaded
it. You can try what's there now, or, probably better,
download 1.4.2 and run configure like this:

    CPPFLAGS=-I/path/to/mysql/headers CFLAGS=-I/path/to/mysql/headers LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/mysql/libs ./configure ...

Note that the version in CVS is *certainly* unsupported,
even more so than the prereleases.

--
``Some people don't like an audience when they work. Enough of them have told
  me so with blunt instruments that I'm a phrenologist's dream come true.''