[tpop3d-discuss] STATUS: header

ZUKERAN, shin shin at opus.or.jp
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 23:14:28 +0900

Hello Ben,

I appreciate your advice.

In message <3D99DE87.6070008@blahr.com>, Ben Schumacher writes:
>As tpop3d uses MMAP to transfer data from a mail message
>from the file system to the socket, it is probably not easy to modify
>the content of the message during this transition.

I agree strongly.
It is the reason I asked by mail, without my making a patch.

>While POP3 clients are having problems as a result of the lack of a
>status header? What are they relying on the status header for?

A certain user is using two mailers.
He uses a mailer in a separate place, different PCs.
Noone wants to read the same mail twice.
And he wants to save all mails into one PC.

Therefore, STATUS: header is needed.

Although there are few situations which need this, to be sure, it is required.

----
ZUKERAN, shin / shin@opus.or.jp