[tpop3d-discuss] Tpop3d over NFS with Maildir: New mail files not immeditately seen?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:09:07 +0000

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:07:21AM -0800, Rich, WhidbeyNet NOC wrote:
> Thanks for the insight! Syncing the time on the mail NFS servers fixed
> the problem, and I can't believe I didn't look at the 3 minute
> difference between them.

Heh. NTP is a Good Thing. (And, arguably, NFS a bad one,
though maildir and NFS should interact OK.)

If Paul M. is reading this -- did you put in the
check-for-newer-files thing, or is it mine? I can't quite
think why it's there....

--
``Our council is strictly non-political. They're all Conservatives.''
  (Flanders and Swann)