[tpop3d-discuss] Re: about tpop

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 17:33:01 +0100

    [ to mailing list; as a rule, I won't answer personal
      email about tpop3d. ]

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:37:55PM +0400, gara@mail.ru wrote:

> Hello, sorry to trouble you.
>
> I`m using tpop3d deamon with MySQL authentication.
>
> My mailserver users(and me too) have same problem.
> If user have a mail account test@domain.com and in her mail program
> set account/username Test@domain.com (one letter is upcase),then
> tpop3d said : "May 1 1:1:1 hosting tpop3d[280]: fork_child: [5]Test@domain.com(10.0.0.210): successfully authent
> icated with mysql" (letter "T" in login is upercase), but don`t send
> any from file-mailbox.
> May be to make sense , before check mail, convert all chars in login(account/username Test@domain.com) to
> lovercase?

Why not just use a query which changes the strings to
lower case? You can use the lower() function in MySQL to
do this. The problem is that you're already using a
case-insensitive match in MySQL, but you're generating the
mailbox name from the user-supplied information.

--
``My secretary said she once found an open umbrella
  under all the piles of rubbish on my desk.'' (Kenneth Clarke, on tidiness)