[tpop3d-discuss] segfault on bad password

prune prune at lecentre.net
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:45:52 +0200

Hi,

Michael Klatsky wrote:

>There are only two entries related to this that I can see each time the
>crash occurs:
>
>May 16 09:37:32 virt01 tpop3d[25716]: [ID 702911 mail.info]
>listeners_post_select: client [7]66.6.65.66/mapu.com: connected
>May 16 09:37:38 virt01 tpop3d[25716]: [ID 702911 mail.error] quit:
>signal 11 post_fork = 0
>
>I do, however, see an ldap inquiry in my slapd.log when this occurs.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Michael
>
>BTW- This is running on Solaris 8

I had the same kind of problem during development of ldap auth module.
the problem was only existing on linux. it was dependent of the compiler.
in fact, when compiling, some basic libs weren't found so the compiler
was using default once, without a good function prototype.
turn verbose on when compiling and see if you have warning messages.
else, set maximum verbose to tpop3d and restart it.....

I'm waiting for you.

Cheers,

Prune