[tpop3d-discuss] Memory leak?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 10 May 2002 21:05:11 +0100

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 01:01:46PM -0700, Marc Lewis wrote:

> One thing I would like to do to it is add TLS support or give it an inet
> mode so it can be wrapped up with stunnel.  But I'll save that for another
> day....

You can use stunnel or sslwrap to proxy through to tpop3d.
Have it listen on, say, port 900, then use something like

pop3s 	stream	tcp	nowait	sslwrap	/usr/sbin/tcpd 	/software/sbin/sslwrap -cert /var/lib/ssl/certs/server.pem -port 900

in inetd.conf.

An alternative is my tlsproxyd,
    http://ex-parrot.com/~chris/tlsproxyd/
-- it's not well tested but it works. It has the advantage
of being a long-lived process, so that it can ask for a
certificate passphrase at startup.

TLS support for tpop3d is planned, but Not Right Now.

--
``Sri Lankans urged to multiply for war.'' (BBC News headline)