[tpop3d-discuss] all authentication rejected

Craig Hermes hermescb at earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:55:56 -0500

I've set up tpop3d to authenticate through mysql(vmail-sql) but everytime i
try to retrieve mail it rejects my passwords- no matter what auth.

user and pass 99% sure setup correctly.

watching my mysql logs only shows tpop connecting but no SQL queries seem to
be run.

Is there a default tpop3d.conf file can't seem to find one anywhere.

here is what I put together:
listen-address: ***********<clip>
mailbox: maildir:/var/spool/mail/SERVERS/$(domain)/$(user)
auth-mysql-enable: true
auth-passwd-enable: false
auth-passwd-mail-group: mail
auth-mysql-mail-group: mail
auth-mysql-hostname: localhost
auth-mysql-database: vmail
auth-mysql-username: ****<clip>
auth-mysql-password: ****<clip>
auth-mysql-pass-query: SELECT concat(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name),
popbox.password_hash, domain.unix_user, 'bsd' FROM popbox, domain WHERE
popbox.local_part = '$(local_part)' AND popbox.domain_name = '$(domain)' AND
popbox.domain_name = domain.domain_name
auth-mysql-apop-query: SELECT concat(domain.path, '/', popbox.mbox_name),