[tpop3d-discuss] new features I would like to implement

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:05:11 +0000

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:57:11PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> 1) dbm authentication driver. I can write the basic support for db3 so that
> it may access a dbm file for authentication.

Maybe -- I'd certainly accept a script which did this.

> 2) python interpreter built in. I would like to add an option for compile
> time similar to the perl interpreter.

Yes, though I'd have to learn some more about python first
:)

> My question is this: if I made these changes, would they be integrated into
> the main release (assuming, of course, that it was up to the quality
> standards and purely optional at compile time)? I would like to see these
> make it into the main release, but if they won't, I won't mess around with
> the build system.

Yeah-- the way the perl integration is done is probably
the best guide. If you do a Python interpreter, a ting
like AuthDriver.pm which allowed the same scripts to be
used with a possible auth-python or with auth-other would
be good.

--
 ``The only way for a reporter to look at a politician is down.''
   (Mencken)