[tpop3d-discuss] TPOP3D+VMAIL-SQL+MAILDIR

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:43:48 +0300

Hello list,

I hope your weekend was restful.

I was searching the archives but did not find this one. Right now I use
tpop3d to support access to traditional unix mailboxes (mbox) and Maildir.

I have several virtual accounts whose mail is in /var/spool/virtual/$(domain)/$(user).
I manage these accounts using vmail-sql.

I am wondering if someone has already done this such that the mail can be
delivered to a maildir format for virtual users, something almost the same -
/var/spool/virtual/$(domain)/$(user)/Maildir

It would appear that to do this one has to change the code for vmail-sql and tpop3d and
even modify the MTA configuration (I use Exim) to deliver to Maildir, yes?

My main plan is to give these virtual users webmail access using courier-imap (authmysql).

Any pointers highly appreciated.

mtia

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n.

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

++
Lockwood's Long Shot:
	The chances of getting eaten up by a lion on Main Street aren't
one in a million, but once would be enough.