[tpop3d-discuss] ldap virtual auth plugin : near release

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:12:12 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:44:11PM +0100, Prune wrote:
> > how it works :
> > -the way tpop3d deals with mailbox types is not the same postfix does.
> > This plugin have been developped for using tpop3d with postfix :
> >    postifx virtual delivery agent gets the mailbox path from ldap like
> > :  "/var/mail/virtuals/user1/"
> >    the / at the end means it is a maildir format.
> >    tpop3d wanted it like "maildir:/var/mail/virtuals/user1"
> >
> >    As the mysql plugin force to "bsd" mailbox, I chosed to force my
> > ldap plugin to check the last char of the mailbox path.
> >    The plugin so work in postfix's way.
>
> Hmm. Better, I think, to stat the path given and choose a
> mailbox type based upon whether it's a file or a
> directory. Is the model used by postfix typical of how
> other MTAs work?

qmail behaves the same way as Postfix. I'm not sure how Courier or Exim
tells the difference. AFAIK sendmail has no knowledge of the maildir
format. My personal opinion is that we follow Postfix & qmail's behavior
by default, and give them the option to use tpop3d's format. Perhaps using
another configuration directive and LDAP field as Prune mentioned in a
later email.

My $0.02.

bs.