[tpop3d-discuss] ldap virtual auth plugin : near release

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:24:56 -0800

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 11:12:12AM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> > Hmm. Better, I think, to stat the path given and choose a
> > mailbox type based upon whether it's a file or a
> > directory. Is the model used by postfix typical of how
> > other MTAs work?
>
> qmail behaves the same way as Postfix. I'm not sure how Courier or Exim
> tells the difference.

You have to tell exim which format to use, as evidenced and exampled by
this piece of exim.conf,

--- exim.conf ---
# This transport is used for handling file addresses generated by alias
# or .forward files if the path ends in "/", which causes it to be
# treated as a directory name rather than a file name. Each message is
# then delivered to a unique file in the directory. If instead you want
# all such deliveries to be in the "maildir" format that is used by some
# other mail software, uncomment the final option below. If this is
# done, the directory specified in the .forward or alias file is the
# base maildir directory.
#
# Should you want to be able to specify either maildir or non-maildir
# directory-style deliveries, then you must set up yet another
# transport, called address_directory2. This is used if the path ends in
# "//" so should be the one used for maildir, as the double slash
# suggests another level of directory. In the absence of
# address_directory2, paths ending in // are passed to
# address_directory.

address_directory:
  driver = appendfile
  no_from_hack
  prefix = ""
  suffix = ""
# maildir_format

--- end snip ---

HTH,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is fiction? Many (very small) bags of gravel."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/