[tpop3d-discuss] MySQL problems

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 17:11:13 +0000

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 03:39:36PM +0000, Chris Elsworth wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Just tinkering with 1.4.1pre1, and I'm experiencing strange
> intermittent MySQL failures.
>
> One user can authenticate, but most others can't.
>
> Here's a failed authentication (make your terminal wide) :)

    [...]
> auth_mysql_new_user_pass: unix user `bsd' for test@dmeon.net does not make sense

Ah. There is an error in the code which prints this error
message -- it's printing the wrong field. On line 586 of
auth_mysql.c,

                    log_print(LOG_ERR, _("auth_mysql_new_user_pass: unix user `%s' for %s@%s does not make sense"), row[3], local_part, domain);

should be

                    log_print(LOG_ERR, _("auth_mysql_new_user_pass: unix user `%s' for %s@%s does not make sense"), row[2], local_part, domain);

and similarly in the APOP function. I will correct this.

It looks to me as if only one user's unix user database
field corresponds to a real user. Have you verified that?

--
 ``Oh my god, I was wrong! It was Earth all along!
   You've finally made a monkey out of me.''