[tpop3d-discuss] maildir support broken on 1.3.5 (or is it just me that's broken)?

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 00:02:46 +0000

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 11:46:40AM -0800, Kevin Brokaw wrote:
> I compiled/ran the new release of tpop3d in my /etc/shadow and
> Mysql environment, using maildir mbox format
> (1.3.4 is presently working fine in this environ). However, on
> executing the 1.3.5 daemon, it seems to insist on mailspool format
> boxes, and every session dies with a lock error... both versions use the
> exact same parms to ./configure:
>
> ./configure --enable-auth-passwd  --enable-shadow-passwords       \
>     --enable-auth-mysql --disable-auth-pam --enable-mbox-maildir  \
>     --disable-mbox-mailspool

I can't reproduce your problem here. One thing to note is
that --disable-mbox-mailspool is not a correct configure
option; it should be --disable-mbox-bsd. However, this
should not lead to the problem you describe.

This should show up when you run tpop3d -h, showing that
support for both BSD and Maildir mailboxes is enabled.

> tpop3d.conf looks like (sql users/pw masked, and I'm using port 199 for
> testing):
>
> listen-address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:199 infolane.com
> mailbox: maildir:/var/spool/mail/$(domain)/$(user)
> auth-passwd-enable: true
> auth-passwd-mail-group: exim
> auth-mysql-enable: true
> auth-mysql-mail-group: exim
> auth-mysql-hostname: xxxxxxx
> auth-mysql-database: xxxxxxx
> auth-mysql-username: xxxxxxx
> auth-mysql-password: xxxxxxx
>

> I've tested using both local users (/etc/shadow) and virtual domains
> (via MySQL).. results are the same regardless of the auth method.. both
> instances seem to want mailspool format.

For MySQL, the mailbox type is determined from the
database (this is new in 1.3.5 -- previously it used the
default, first mailbox type which was BSD unless the
source was modified or BSD mailspool support was removed).

Could you tell me the output of tpop3d -h?

--
 `Evans boldly put 50 atm. of Ethylene in a cell with 25 atm. of oxygen. The
  apparatus subsequently blew up, but luckily not before he obtained the spectra