[tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d w/TLS

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:57:13 +0000

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:57:50AM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> After a couple late nights of hacking and a lot of beating my head against
> the wall, I got TLS working with tpop3d. Right now, it only support STLS
> -- starting TLS after an unencrypted connection has already been
> established on 110 -- but I think it would be pretty simple to get it to
> support pop3s, or SSL to start with over port 995.

You little star. I currently use stunnel to achieve this - having it built
into tpop3d will eliminate the need for stunnel completely (which is
cumbersome at best).

Just wanted to say nice one. Especially once its working 100% (entire
session via TLS).

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator