[tpop3d-discuss] pidfile

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:48:22 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 12:57:38PM +0100, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> > Mailman (already in ports) handles this just fine. You have to do a bit of
> > jiggery pokery aliasing since Mailman doesn't really grok more than one
> > domain too well, but it's fine. There are example configs for exim.
>
> When I looked at this is seemed as if it would be very
> easy to do if mailing list names were unique across all
> domains, but harder if they were not. The discussion I
> found indicated that you needed a different installation
> of mailman for each domain.

Yeah, sounds about right. For my small installation of 5 mailing lists and
20 domains, and when I set up each list personally, I just make sure there
are no conflicting names - if there are then they choose another one but
it's never happened yet. Not likely to either, in such a small setup :)

Hence it works well, despite mailmans other faults (like being very picky
over permissions and stuff)

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator
girls = time x money (and time is money)         .       chrise@demon.net