[tpop3d-discuss] pidfile

Chris Lightfoot chris at ex-parrot.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:23:14 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:17:52AM +0100, Chris Elsworth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of attempting to create a FreeBSD port for tpop3d. Even
> if they don't accept it, its a learning experience, and I've got nothing
> else to do :)
>
> During the process, I've noticed that tpop3d by default doesn't use a
> pidfile. Wouldn't it be sensible to make this a configure time option? I
> had to change main.c so it wrote one (which works fine).
>
> Would it be possible to get a configure option to write a pidfile,
> specifying the location on the configure arg? FreeBSD stores them in
> /var/run, so I'd be setting it to that for this port.

Errm. What's wrong with tpop3d -p /var/run/tpop3d.pid ?

Or is your complaint that it doesn't write one by
default? In this case, I think that a tpop3d.conf
directive would be a more sensible option.

--
Chris Lightfoot -- www.ex-parrot.com/~chris/
 ``Any person who knowingly causes a nuclear weapon test explosion