[tpop3d-discuss] pidfile

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:25:51 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:23:14AM +0100, Chris Lightfoot wrote:

> > Would it be possible to get a configure option to write a pidfile,
> > specifying the location on the configure arg? FreeBSD stores them in
> > /var/run, so I'd be setting it to that for this port.
>
> Errm. What's wrong with tpop3d -p /var/run/tpop3d.pid ?

So I didn't spot that :)

> Or is your complaint that it doesn't write one by
> default? In this case, I think that a tpop3d.conf
> directive would be a more sensible option.

Yes, true - I just saw it hard coded in as NULL and didn't think to check
anywhere else. A configure directive would be nice, as well as the
commandline option.

However the commandline option will be just fine for the port :)

You don't have any objections to me having a go at this, as it happens, do
you? Or anything to contribute? :)

--
Chris Elsworth  -  Software & Systems Developer  /  Systems Administrator
girls = time x money (and time is money)         .       chrise@demon.net