[Iftop-users] iftop error on Solaris 8 SPARC

Jonathan Abbey jonabbey at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:44:13 -0500

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:33:51AM +0200, WimO@Nedbank.co.za wrote:
|    Good day,
|=20
|    I have a problem getting IFTOP to run on Solaris 8 SPARC.  Could someo=
ne
|    please give me some advice?
|=20
|    I have just downloaded libpcap, ncurses and iftop from
|    [1]www.sunfreeware.com (required compatible versions as metioned by the
|    website), but get the following error whenever I want to run iftop:
|=20
|=20
|    bash-2.03# /usr/local/sbin/iftop
|=20
|    interface: eri0
|    IP address is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (hidden purposefully)
|    MAC address is: 00:03:ba:0d:bf:fb
|=20
|    ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/iftop: fatal: relocation error: file
|    /usr/local/sbin/iftop: symbol pcap_open_live: referenced symbol not fo=
und
|=20
|    Killed
|=20
|    Anyone know what causes this perhaps?

Not sure, but it sounds like the version of the pcap library that it
is picking up at run time might be differing from the version of the
pcap library that the build found when you were compiling iftop.

You did build iftop yourself, rather than downloading a binary, yes?

What happens if you run 'ldd iftop'?

 Jon

|    Kind regards,
|=20
|    Wim Olivier
|    Senior Solaris Support / Team Leader
|    GTSS / SSS, Nedbank South Africa
|    105 West Street, Sandton, JHB
|    Tel:   +27 (0) 11 500-4426
|    Cell:  +27 (0) 82 655 3599
|    Fax:  +27 (0) 86 510 2227
|    e-mail:wimo@nedbank.co.za

--=20
----
Jonathan Abbey 				              jonabbey@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Au=
stin
GPG Key: 71767586 at keyserver pgp.mit.edu, http://www.ganymeta.org/workkey=
.gpg

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G